The preparation

The original undercarriage consisted of solid steel legs with what appeared to be wheel barrow wheels and drum type brakes. They were in a sorry state so I will be replacing them with Wagabond undercarriage and new Grove wheels and brakes.

The original spring legs where fitted on to fuselage with some very odd fittings, worm clips included.

I have removed all the existing fittings and will be replacing them with Wagabond fittings.

Front fitting position cleaned.

Rear fitting position cleaned.

Steel tubing ready for the new undercarriage and a few tube replacements

Undercarriage jig for fuselage fitment (1)

Undercarriage jig for fuselage fitment (2)

Jig for tube placement for the gear legs

I made a jig to cut the tube to fit the undercarriage legs. I need to beef up the drill jig a bit.

This is a test piece to see how it works.